Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spray Parks?  (Read 4889 times)
qj2005

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2010, 10:16:49 AM »

Hi!  I'm new to this site, and hoping you all can help me.  My kids and I will be spending some time in Omaha this summer, and I'm looking for spray parks/splash pads to take them to.  I know about the one on Seldin Dr., but are there any others in the NW Omaha area? 

Thanks for all your help.

dj 
BrycesMomma

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »

Here is the link from the Omaha Parks and Recreation website with the list of all the splash parks.  I know that there was talk of one on 160th and Maple but I do not see it on this website.

http://www.cityofomaha.org/parks/parks-a-facilities/specialty-parks/spraygrounds

Angela, full time working Momma of Bryce (5)
Veronica

Hello, Omaha moms!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 11:35:36 AM »

The one on Seldin Drive (just off 120th and Center) is great. There's a playground right there, too. Hello, sand and water mix!

Veronica Daehn is mom to Rye, 6, and Paige, 2. She is the editor of momaha.com.
theremingtons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »

The one off of Maple/160 is actually off of Fort.
On Fort heading west, turn left onto 163 St. (or 162, it seems to be both on google.com's map) into a subdivision that is still being built (Stone Ridge).  Follow that road (162) through 2 roundabouts.  That road will dead end into the park.  There is a spray ground with a big parking lot, and at least 4-6 covered picnic tables.  Under the hill is a reg. park but I've never gone down to play.

Jessica...age 32!
Wife to Bart (12 years!)
Mommy to Brennan (9), Jackson (6), Ethan (3)
confetticreationsbyjessica.com
melissa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 10:11:50 AM »

Yes, I've gone to the one in Stone Ridge. It may not be as big as some of the city spray parks, but it's very nice. It also has covered picnic benches next to it so you can read a book or bring a picnic lunch. I kinda forgot about it and am not kicking myself for not going there last weekend when the pool was at capacity!
JenHomann

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 10:57:46 AM »

I'm not sure if you're specifically looking for free ... but if you're willing to pay a little and you're out west - then I'd suggest you check out the Zorinsky Water Park. (I say "a little" b/c it doesn't cost a lot for us - but if you have a large family, then it might get a little too pricey!)

Anywho - we rode our bikes past it the other night and it looks like a lot of fun!! The picture on here doesn't really do it justice... http://www.cityofomaha.org/parks/parks-a-facilities/pools/pool206
qj2005

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 02:40:21 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I didn't know there was one in the 160th & Fort area!  That's the general area we'll be in, so that will be great! 

The Zorinsky Water Park will be great if I can convince my niece to tag along to help keep tabs on the kids.

Thanks again.

dj
meanmom
Sophomore Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 06:07:54 PM »

my girls age 13 and 5 went to the spraypark off Fort today with the nanny.  The 5 year old had a blast - the 13 year old thought she was too old (but still had a good time I'm told).  Thanks for the idea.
Veronica

Hello, Omaha moms!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 08:50:16 AM »

I took my 5-year-old and 13-month old to the splash ground off 120th and L on Monday afternoon. They both LOVED it.

And it was free!

I was really happy we decided to go.

mom2lulu
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 10:00:03 AM »

Another option: At the base of the pedestrian bridge downtown are sprinklers/fountains that shoot water up. We take our kids down there in their swimsuits. There are always other little kids running around down there. It's free and you have a nice view of the pedestrian bridge...then head to the Old Market for ice cream. A cheap afternoon..Also, I guess it lights up at night, although I've never been there at night.
JenHomann

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 08:42:34 AM »

Another option: At the base of the pedestrian bridge downtown are sprinklers/fountains that shoot water up. We take our kids down there in their swimsuits. There are always other little kids running around down there. It's free and you have a nice view of the pedestrian bridge...then head to the Old Market for ice cream. A cheap afternoon..Also, I guess it lights up at night, although I've never been there at night.

It DOES light up at night, but we've been there before when the water wasn't on at all. Maybe it was just maintenance, though?
my2sons
Sophomore Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 08:55:38 AM »

There are also some new water fountains and a park at 67th & Center; the new Aksarben area.

Amy Grace
Fearless Friday Blogger
Veronica

Hello, Omaha moms!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 03:58:27 PM »

Love all the free options! Keep the suggestions coming!

mom2lulu
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 05:11:13 PM »

We went to the bridge on a recent Sunday afternoon..water was going full blast.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: